I offer two presentations and four workshops. My trunk show is the most popular of my presentations. In addition to seeing my handbags up close, I also show how make five different handles from one rectangle piece of fabric and, of course, there are door prizes. I handout my sheet called Tips & Suggestions for Handbags to everyone. My presentations are also available in PowerPoint. What’s special about my workshops?
- Short and easy supply list because with my kits all you need to bring is your fabric, basic sewing supplies and sewing machine. I ask that those attending come with their fashion fabric and lining fabric cut out so we can start with construction. When I send handbag samples to the event coordinator a couple months a head of the date for the workshop I also include the pattern for the choose handbag workshop on consignment. If off both my patterns and my kits at a discount for those attending my workshops.
- I bring several items for the attendees to use during the workshop. This includes, binder clips, reinforcement patches for magnetic snaps, glue, pins, handle turners, awls and specialty tool for inserting handbag feet.
- Handout to everyone titled, Handles, The Ultimate Accessory. A quick reference how-to on handle making.
- One on one attention with attendees and a love of sharing what I know.
- Door prizes
- Traveling store with many hard to find specialty items for making handbags.
For a PDF of my brochure please click Brochure 2017 .
More information is available in my Press Room.
Presentations Trunk Show
- Your members will not want to miss this fun-filled, informative trunk show.
- See, touch and feel dozens of unique handbags designed by Pamela.
- Receive professional tips and techniques for creating your best handbag.
Workshops Silkscapes This exciting workshop takes you from creating silk fabric to taking home a completed clutch or small art quilt. Fully kitted – clutch pattern, silk fabrics, stabilizer, thread and magnetic closure. Sumptuous silk masaics allow you to play with shapes, colors and texture to create your own luxurious fabric. Great for collars, cuffs, pillows or that special quilt. This workshop is fully kitted. For a PDF of the short supply list click here. Flame Sculpted Fiber Flowers Abandon yourself to creativity while learning how to make these unique fabric embellishments that are perfect for handbags, hats, jackets and sweaters. I’ll show you how make beautiful fabric flowers with a candle, lighter, thread and a hand needle. Georgette, silk organza and nylon organza are terrific choices for this technique. Adding beads or hot fix crystals are the finishing touches to your masterpiece. You’ll learn each fabric reacts to the burning process so you’ll know what to expect. You’ll leave with your very own completed flower! There is an optional kit for the workshop. For a PDF of the short supply list click here. The Sausalito Triangle flaps, divided front and back pockets with a hard bottom and easy draw cord make The Sausalito a truly unique ‘must have’ purse. Available in three appealing sizes. Perfect for showing off your piece work. For a PDF of the short supply list please click here. The New Yorker This smart stylish handbag has it all with four styles and all the benefits of a structured purse. Learn how to install handbag feet, magnetic clasps, handbag bottom and how to tack in lining, Take The New Yorker anywhere and listen for the compliments. For the short supply list please click here.